Merging Windows & iOS vaults

cminnow
cminnow
Community Member

I use both 1Password for Windows 10 and 1Password for iOS. When I change a password or add a new password on one of the platforms, I have to manually enter the information on the other platform. Is there a way to merge the passwords from both platforms into one that can be shared/synced?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cminnow!

What sync method are you currently using with 1Password? After you made sure that both apps are using the same sync method, are you using the same vault to store your data, or are your two 1Password apps perhaps using different vaults?

• cminnow
    cminnow
    Community Member

I use DropBox for 1Password for Windows 10 & iCloud for 1Password for iOS. Should I be using the same method for both platforms?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2019

If you want to have access to the same data on both you'd need to use a 1Password membership or Dropbox on both, yes. :)

Sync your 1Password data

Ben

• cminnow
    cminnow
    Community Member

I already have a 1Password membership associated with my 1Password for Windows 10 which has a vault named Personal. I just added the membership to the 1Password for iOS on my phone and now I have 2 vaults on my phone. One named Primary and one named Personal. I feel like I should only be using the same vault on both platforms. I have 1Password for iOS set to always open to All Vaults and now I have duplicate Logins. Should I delete the vault named Primary from my phone?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@cminnow

If all your data has been moved inside your Personal vault already (which is your 1Password Membership vault), then you do not need your old Primary vault anymore. So you can definitely remove it from there to avoid the duplicates :)

This discussion has been closed.