iCloud syncing not working?

Billyyoee
Billyyoee
Community Member
edited May 2019 in Mac

I was using Dropbox to sync for the last few years. Then, randomly, I realized my phone was missing certain passwords (apparently not syncing). So, I switched to iCloud. So, now my macBook, iPhone and iMac are all on iCloud, but but have diff Item totals. So, I presumethey are still not syncing? Why? **Bonus question, may be related: **...on my iMac, when the program is open, it says 1Password (top left in finder), but on my Macbook it says 1Password 6 (top left in finder), Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Specifically: They are all set to iCloud sync, but have diff Item totals. Why?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Billyyoee! Welcome to the forum!

So, now my macBook, iPhone and iMac are all on iCloud, but but have diff Item totals.

We don't have a lot of control over what iCloud does, so the best thing you can do is go through our iCloud troubleshooting article.

I do however recommend using our own 1Password.com service to sync your data ;)

**Bonus question, may be related: **...on my iMac, when the program is open, it says 1Password (top left in finder), but on my Macbook it says 1Password 6 (top left in finder)

1Password is the app downloaded from the Mac App Store, while 1Password 6 is the version downloaded directly from our website. Depending on where you purchased the 1Password app, you should use the correct version, or you risk having to purchase it twice.

But this probably is unrelated to the sync issue, if that's what you were worried about.

This discussion has been closed.