Moving from OSX to Windows, not recognizing my license

Options

Hi, I've been using 1password on OSX for a few years and recently got a new Windows computer. I installed 1password on it however when I try to add my license it doesn't recognize the file, the browser does not show it as a valid one password license file? I'm not sure if the license is transferable between operating systems but from my research it appears that it should be? I just can't get it to work, I bought the license on 04-Jul-16 if that helps. Thanks

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Do you know if you have a 1Password 7 license or one for 1Password 6, @crazymao? If you purchased 1Password 7 for Mac, then your license won't work for Windows. 1Password 7 is exclusively sold per person per platform. If you purchased 1Password 6 for Mac, that may have included a license for 1Password 4 for Windows. If it did, you should have received a license key for Windows in addition to your license file for Mac. Again, though, that would only have been valid for 1Password 4. If you're wanting to use 1Password 7 for Windows, your best bet would be to go ahead and purchase a Windows license or switch to a 1Password membership, which includes the apps across all platforms.

I know, that's a bit convoluted (one reason we decided to simplify license purchases with 1Password 7), but hopefully it makes sense and helps you decide what to do. Of course, if you still have questions, let me know. We're here to help. :chuffed:

• crazymao
    crazymao
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bundtkate, thanks for your reply. The license was purchased for 1password 6.3.1, I can't find the email with the licenses, is there another way I can check if I have any windows license? Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@crazymao: Version 6.3.1 would have been 1Password for Mac. The Windows app would be a separate purchase, so unless there's another one that's all you have. Even that is rather old though, and you can get all the apps and updates as part of a 1Password membership -- no more keeping track of licenses or configuring sync: you just sign into your account on each device to access your data.

This discussion has been closed.