Put family Acct under family name (not individual)

Options
AaronAhuvia
AaronAhuvia
Community Member

I had a private Acct under my name and switched to a family Acct that is shared with my wife. Currently, the overall joint family Acct is still in my name. I've named our vaults in a way that is pretty clear what is shared and what is individual. But the overall family account still only shows my name and this is confusing my wife in some situations. We would like the overall family account to be in the family name. But I can't see a way to change the name on the overall family account. How do I do that?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.1.2 (70102000) AgileBits Sto
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• isha_ag
    isha_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AaronAhuvia , your account name can be changed from your account's settings page anytime you'd like. :) Hope that helps!

• patrickdkent
    patrickdkent
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @isha_ag curious if you could assist me with the same question. I am the account creator for my family so I assume I'm able to see and adjust all settings, but I cannot find where to change the name for the family account. It currently says "Patrick's Family" and I'd prefer it to say "Kent Family".

I've gone into "Accounts" in "Preferences" but am not able to edit the name there... any help here is appreciated, ty!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @patrickdkent! Welcome to the forum!

The feature is in the same place Isha mentioned last time, it wasn't move. Have you tried clicking on her link already?

From what you wrote, I think you are trying to do this inside the 1Password app, but you need to do this in your browser instead.

• patrickdkent
    patrickdkent
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana ahh, thank you for responding and pointing out the link for me! I did not read the original response thoroughly enough, apologies.

Thanks again!

• Ben
    Options

No worries, glad to hear that helped. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.