email account webmail field?

Options
LosInvalidos
LosInvalidos
Community Member

So far I have stored my email logins under logins. I am just discovering that storing them as email account is the much better option. So now I am transitioning those logins from normal logins to email accounts. Since most email providers do offer a webmail solution, which can be handy if for whatever reason my email client is not working as expected, I wanted to stored that website address as well but couldn't find any option in the email account default form. I can obviously add a field named "website" and add the webmail url as value. But I'd have to open 1p and copy that url when needed. From what I understand this would not work for browser fill-in nor would the open and fill option be available from 1p.

Is that an oversight or am I holding it wrong? What's the best practice here? Have email account + login, which would then result in 1p informing me about a password being used twice? Wouldn't it make sense to have the webmail url next to the email account information?

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: NA

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LosInvalidos: Using an "Email Account" item is definitely not the better option if you want to ever be able to fill those login credentials. Only Login items have that function. You can add a custom field to any item, which would allow you to do what you're truing to do. But the only purpose that would serve would be for your own organization; it would be useless for actually logging in. I'd use a Login item for it if that's something you ever want to be able to do.

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    Options

got it, thanks for elaborating.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome! We're here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.