To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

transfer data to spouse after my death

carisabone
carisabone
Community Member

I have a free registered version since February 2017. I am considering subscribing to one person use, on a monthly basis and paying annualy. I am 83 and my spouse is not a member. if I pass away before my spouse, she will need to have excess to my account.
How can this be done? in as much as I will have paid for one year in advance, can she get credit for her new subscription? I need all the help you can provide to make this transition when I am gone. Carl

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@carisabone: I can't really tell you what's right for you and your family, but what I would do if it were me is simply print the Emergency Kit for my account, fill out my Master Password, and then keep it in a safe deposit box or with my attorney. That way loved ones can get it if something happens. They would just need to credentials to access it, after all. Even if the subscription lapses in the process of making arrangements, the account will just be frozen: the data will still be accessible, just as read-only, i.e. changes cannot be made to it unless the subscription is renewed. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.