To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Two Factor Auth Error Chrome Extension

sleepydreams100
sleepydreams100
Community Member

I re-installed the extension for Chrome and 1Pass keeps prompting me to enter the two-factor auth code. I was using Duo for 2FA, but removed my 1Pass account. So, the problem is that I'm unable to login to the extension because it's asking me to complete 2FA. When I try to scan the code to add it back, it says the QR code is not valid. I've tried with multiple 2FA apps.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.1
OS Version: OS X 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:two factor auth error

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sleepydreams100! Welcome to the forum!

As a first quick attempt, can you please try the following and see if it helps? Go to a browser where you’ve signed into 1Password before (it’s important that you try this on a known browser, even on a different device) and sign in to your account on 1Password.com. Then, click your name in the top right and choose My Profile. Finally, click More Actions > Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication.

When I try to scan the code to add it back, it says the QR code is not valid.

Where are you scanning the code from? I don't think I have ever seen this when scanning the 2FA code, but I have seen this if you try to scan the QR code inside the Emergency Kit, which is not your 2FA QR code.

• sleepydreams100
    sleepydreams100
    Community Member

Hi, I tried to sign in on an existing device, but it is not noticing me and is still asking for the code.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sleepydreams100: I'm not sure what you mean by "sign in on an existing device". 1Password does not care about the device. The only way it knows if you'd signed in there before is if your session is saved, either in the app or browser. If you're resetting either (or preventing that when signing into the website), you'll need to enter all of your credentials the next time too. If you've removed two-factor authentication, you won't be able to simply re-use the old code. If you don't have access to the two-factor authentication on any devices, you'll need to email us at support@1password.com and go through a verification process in order for it to be reset. So if you are still signed into your account in one of your browsers, that would be easier for you, since it could be disabled there in your profile.

• sleepydreams100
    sleepydreams100
    Community Member

I do not have access to two factor auth on any device, so I will have to email support :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Gotcha. We'll take a look and follow up with you via email then. :)

ref: VHA-65471-753

This discussion has been closed.