How to delete my Pwrds from vault on Agilebits website, but keep Pwrds locally in 1P on my computer

Options
dks
dks
Community Member

I just logged in to my 1 Password account at Agilebits and noticed that I have a vault on the Agilebits website with my Passwords stored there.
I do not want them in that online vault. I only want them stored on my local computer in 1 Password.
How do I delete those passwords in my vault on the Agilebits website?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:deleting

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dks: I'm not sure I follow. Are you subscribed to a 1Password membership? Signing up and moving them there is the only way you'd have an account and be able to access data through the website. If you want your data stored locally, you'd need to save the items to a local vault instead. But it's worth noting that either way the data is encrypted, and actually you only have the additional security of the Secret Key when using a 1Password account. If you don't want the account, you'd need to move the data out of it and delete it from the bottom of your Profile page.

• dks
    dks
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty, Thank you for your assistance.
    I bought 1 Password years ago before the subscriptions started. I have no interest in a subscription.
    Because of a contractural agreement, my passwords are only allowed to reside locally, and cannot be anywhere else.
    When I disconnect from the Internet, I can see my passwords are in my local 1P app and accessible.
    How do I remove the data from 1P's online vault and delete it from the bottom of my Profile page? (I have been looking for a way to do this and I do not see it).

• dks
    dks
    Community Member
    Options

Every time I click the trash button, nothing happens. Is this because my account is frozen? Is 1P going to make me subscribe to unfreeze my account so that I can delete the data?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dks,

If your account is frozen, it means that it is read-only, so this is why it's not allowing you to make any changes to it (deleting data means editing the contents of your account, which you cannot do when it is read-only).

If you don't want to use your account at all, you can delete it altogether, rather than leaving it there and only deleting the data inside it.

• dks
    dks
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_ana,
    I have no syncing with any subscription account.
    I just want to make sure that deleting my frozen account will not effect the data stored on my local computer.
    Can you confirm?
    Thanks so much.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dks: do you already have a vault called Primary in your 1Password app? If yes, does this vault include all of your items already?

This discussion has been closed.