iOS shows no items; chrome and mac apps work fine?

quin
quin
Community Member

hiya,

So I just installed 1Password, set it up in the browser client. I used the default settings - didn't make any local vaults or anything like that, just the basic 'Personal.' I downloaded the iOS app, mac app, and chrome extension, and signed in to them all. I'm now going through and making sure all the imported accounts and passwords are correct and working smoothly. On my laptop, it runs well, however, it's not working on my phone. What happens is that it doesn't show any of my 'items' until i click on the instructional video link

Here are some screenshots:

Any idea what's goin' on?
Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:iOS app blank - chrome extension + mac working

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @quin! Welcome to the forum!

What 1Password version are you currently using on your iOS device? You can see it under the Settings menu at the bottom of the screen.

• quin
    quin
    Community Member

hiya! thanks for the reply :)

I'm on version 7.3, @ag_ana

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the confirmation @quin! Can I please ask you to reboot your device once? Do you see the same thing if you launch 1Password after a reboot?

• Paco II
    Paco II
    Community Member

Came to ask/post the same thing. There is some bug in 1Password iOS. Recently did a clean wipe of my iPhone, starting fresh. Installed and logged into 1Password. No categories, only learn message like shown above. Did a force quit of the app, and then categories appeared. Had me nervous for a bit. That should really get fixed. iPhone 7, latest 1Password and 12.2.

• Hi @Paco II

How much time did you give it before force quitting the app? In the first screenshot above the activity indicator is spinning, indicating 1Password may be trying to sync.

Ben

• Paco II
    Paco II
    Community Member

Probably 5 minutes before I force quit and restart. I didn't see any spinner. Only about 100 items. Additionally, if it is the case the 1Password is still syncing, the messaging should reflect not. But speaking about my case, I don't believe it was still syncing. After the force restart everything was there.

• Interesting. It definitely shouldn't be taking 5 minutes. I've got well over 1000 items and it does take a couple seconds or so, but certainly nowhere near even 1 minute. Are you able to reproduce this issue? I just tried with my setup (erased the app, reinstalled, and added my accounts), but did not experience what you've described.

Ben

• Paco II
    Paco II
    Community Member

This is the second time this has happened (with the same phone): when I deleted and reinstalled a couple of months ago, and then again today after I completely blew out the phone and started fresh. There is definitely some issue, either with the app itself, or in how it connects with 1password.com service.

• That's possible @Paco II. I'm not seeing it on my device, and without any sort of logs or diagnostic information and without being able to reproduce it ourselves it's going to be impractical (if not impossible) to guess at what the problem might be. If you're able to cause this behavior to be exhibited again I'd highly recommend generating and sending a diagnostic report immediately after doing so:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

These reports are a "snapshot in time," of sorts, so it is best to capture one either while the problem is happening (if possible) or immediately after. We'd greatly appreciate your help in tracking this down.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.