Documents on iPhone

iwaddo
iwaddo
Community Member

Hi, is it correct that when using the 1P on my iPhone that I can

1, not remove an existing file from a Document, or
2, not add a file to a Document (only photos)

Thank you for your help.

Regards, Ian.

Comments

• Hi @iwaddo,

I'd be happy to help you get the most out of Documents in 1Password. At present the 1Password for iOS app can only add photos as Documents, but there may be additional options available by using the 1Password.com web interface. As for your question about removing files... unfortunately I'm not sure that I understand what you're asking. What are you trying to accomplish? It is possible to delete Document items in 1Password for iOS, if that's what you're asking. :smile:

Please let me know.

Ben

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member

Ben

Hi, I can achieve my objective using my iMac, I was just trying to do the same on my iPhone. I have not tried my iPad.

I have a Document which contains as an attachment a file image (or pdf) of a dated certificate.

I have just received a new version of the certificate so wanted to replace the attachment within the document. I wanted to remove the existing attachment and add the new one which is stored in my iCloud files.

I hoped that by replacing the attachment within the Document I would avoid the need to recreate the links.

Thank you for your help.

Regards, Ian.

• I see, thanks @iwaddo. That is not possible within 1Password for iOS, but is currently possible through the 1Password.com web interface. If you edit the item in question through 1Password.com you'll see the option to "Drag file to upload (or click here)." If you tap on that you can replace the existing file with a new one.

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.