Desktop app will not fill in password (Bing Ads Editor)

Hi,

Within our company we have a policy of need-to-know when it comes to passwords, which means many employees do not get the option of revealing and copying passwords they have access to. This means they rely completely on the autofill feature.

I'm running into an issue where the desktop app doesn't seem to be able to locate the password field and won't fill in the password.

This happens when logging in through the app Bing Ads Editor (Microsoft Advertising Editor): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56111

When logging in within the app, a separate window is opened that accesses the microsoft login page (screenshot in Dutch):

I am able te select the window "Sign In" for filling in the password in the desktop app or the mini app, but the filling doesn't actually happen.

Any ideas on how to approach this?

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RobbertBremer,

Thank you for getting in touch and reporting this!

I was able to reproduce this behaviour on my side, so it seems there is something wrong with this sign-in page. We will need to investigate, but please note that the existing Type-in-Window functionality is just a start. We still have plans to implement fully-fledged Auto-Type in 1Password 7 – this is the feature that would allow you to fill your credentials in Windows apps, besides your browser. I do not have any ETAs.

I was able to copy a password from 1Password and paste it to Bing Ads Editor manually. You should be able to do the same on your side. Could you please give it a try and let me know how it goes? Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• RobbertBremer
    RobbertBremer
    Community Member

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the feedback. No problems copying passwords, but our policy prohibits some users from viewing and copying passwords. Ideally we'd keep it that way, but I guess we'll use an in-between solution for now.

Looking forward to the fully-fledged auto-type.

Please let me know if you guys find a fix for the issue!

Thanks.

• We're looking forward to it as well, @RobbertBremer. :chuffed: Apologies for the trouble at the moment and I'll be sure to let our development team know y'all are interested in seeing this feature soon. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.