Moving items from a shared vault to a different user's private vault

FHHGYE983
FHHGYE983
Community Member

I am a longtime 1Password user, but am new to the online family subscription plan. I have one family account and two users. From the main account, I created a new vault and shared it with the other user. The other user can see the vault and its items. What we want them to be able to do is to move the items from the shared vault into their private vault. I am segmenting some passwords for the other user so only they have access to them instead of both of us. Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: Web
Referrer: forum-search:Moving from shared vault to private vault

Comments

• Hi @FHHGYE983

Welcome to the forum. :) If the other user has read & write access to the shared vault they should be able to do that. Could you please check that they do not have read-only access? If they already have both read & write access could you please elaborate about the problem they are having accomplishing this?

Thanks.

Ben

• FHHGYE983
    FHHGYE983
    Community Member

They have full permissions. I was doing it on the website not through the app.

• Okay, thanks. What sort of difficulty are they having when trying to move the items from the shared vault to their Private vault?

Ben

• FHHGYE983
    FHHGYE983
    Community Member

i can’t seem to move them. I don’t see how to move them using the browser.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@FHHGYE983 - give these instructions a try. :)

This discussion has been closed.