Why does my browser need to be open to use 1P mini?

Options
skippingrock
skippingrock
Community Member

Hello, I finally got around to upgrade from 1P6 to 1P7. (Waiting on some devices that still needed the old vault format.)

I noticed a few things with the 1Password mini that I didn't seem to run into with the old mini.
I use both Safari and Safari Technology Preview. I have the extension installed on both.
Whenever I click on the 1Password mini icon in my menubar or the secondary browser's 1P toolbar button it now always brings my default browser to the front.
I cannot seem to just use 1Password in the version of Safari that is not set as the default.
If I set Safari Technology Preview as the default browser, the reverse interaction happens and bring it to the front (or launches it if it is quit) when in Safari.
I didn't have this problem with 1P6 mini nor with the extension.
Can you fix it so that both can use 1P independently?
This is driving me crazy.

Cheers, @skippingrock.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.BETA-12 (70300012) AgileBi
Extension Version: Version 7.3.BETA-12
OS Version: 10.3.6
Sync Type: iCloud/1P

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@skippingrock - are you clicking a particular Login item when you do this? I can't replicate the behavior here. If you're additionally clicking a Login item, 1Password would launch the browser and attempt to Go & Fill...but if you're just invoking the mini, nothing like that should be the case. What happens if you use the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ instead? Do you get the same behavior? If so, what if you use ⌥⌘\?

• skippingrock
    skippingrock
    Community Member
    Options

I will try to make a screen capture of this.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.