Strange login issue with 1Password App

prime
prime
Community Member

So a strange issue. I had to restore my Windows computer due to issues. So I downloaded 1Password typed in my info, all incorrect. Tried again, nothing. 3rd time, nothing. So I launched Firefox to go on the web version. I know 100% that I am putting in the correct info, so I copied the info from the 1Password app, and put it in the web version, I got into my 1Password account. This confirmed I was putting the info into the app correctly, but it wouldn’t let me in.

This happened 2 weeks ago, sorry I didn’t tell you guys sooner.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Not to worry, @prime, thanks for passing it along. Am I correct to assume this resolved after a short while? Also, when you say you restored your PC – did you use a system restore point or reinstall fully? Windows will save different stuff depending on how you restore or reinstall the operating system, so depending on what might have been saved, I could potentially see that having played a role.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

@bundtkate I did a full restore, wiped the drive, and restored as new. I got in also. When I got into the web vision I copied and pasted the info to see what happened, and I got in.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's hard to say. I'd guess a temporary connection issue (1Password will not retry incessantly, but will time out and try again later), but I guess we'll never know. I'm just glad you were able to get things setup -- though reformatting sounds like a lot of work. :)

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

@brenty 4 hours restoring a Windows computer... not fun, and I’m still now 100% done. I’m just to a point I can work, and I’ll finish up the rest later. I’ll probably put Pop_OS (system 76/Linux) in a virtual box foe a while. Winter time I don’t mind fixing stuff. It’s getting nice out so I don’t want to deal with this as much.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Haha I hear you! Hopefully the weather's nice. :) Yeah it really depends on how particular you are, but it takes me a good long while to do something like that too, even with a checklist and stuff on a USB drive. Better work for a rainy -- or snowy -- day. ;)

This discussion has been closed.