What the heck is going on?! [1Password 7 a separate purchase from v6 unless using a membership]

Preston_72
Preston_72
Community Member
edited May 2019 in Mac

I purchased 1Password August 2016 for $65 from Apple App Store. I didn't purchase a membership; I was lead to believe I purchased the 1Password application. Now somehow I have 1Password 7 installed, a new vault was created in my name and my account is now frozen?! I cannot export my vault, without paying for a membership. I have my complete emergency kit information. Please advise how I can unlock my account? How can I reinstall 1Password version NOT 7? Thanks

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: OS Mojave 10.14.5, Safari 12.1.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Preston_72! Welcome to the forum!

Now somehow I have 1Password 7 installed, a new vault was created in my name and my account is now frozen?!

It sounds like you upgraded to 1Password 7 without purchasing a license upgrade for it, but instead creating a 1Password Membership. Before we revert to 1Password 6, what method would you like to use moving forward? Would you like to sync your data with a 1Password Membership or do you want to revert to the standalone version where you manage everything manually?

• Preston_72
    Preston_72
    Community Member

If I able to keep 1password and not pay a membership I would like to go down that road. I do not have an issue of purchasing 1password; just as long as I can make a one time purchase and not a regular monthly fee. I can manage my 1password vault on three different devices manually.

• @Preston_72

Thanks for your interest in a 1Password 7 for Mac license. Licenses are valid for one individual to use the version of the software purchased. They do not include upgrades or the 1Password.com membership service. You won’t be able to purchase a license while signed into a membership, including a membership trial. This is intentional, and is designed to prevent folks from accidentally purchasing things they don’t need (as a membership covers access to all of our 1Password apps). If you are signed into a membership, but want to purchase a license, you’ll need to sign out of that membership first. Instructions on migrating from a membership to a standalone vault can be found here:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

Once completed you may wish to delete the membership to avoid any additional confusion down the road. Membership is going to offer the best experience going forward but if you're comfortable with how licenses work they are available as well. I hope that helps!

Ben

• Preston_72
    Preston_72
    Community Member

To my knowledge I do not have a membership at this time. If I do have one I certainly didn’t intend to sign up for it. How did I get in rolled in the membership when I had a standalone license to begin with? I wish this would’ve been explained more clearly so that I would not have enrolled in a 1password membership in error.

My concern now is if I sign out of my 1Password account, will I be able to retrieve my vault? Right now I cannot export my vault. I do not wish to lose any of the data contained with in my vault.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Preston_72

To my knowledge I do not have a membership at this time. If I do have one I certainly didn’t intend to sign up for it.

To avoid sharing any personal information here, you can send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can check if you currently have any active 1Password subscription or not?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• To add to what Ana said, I assume you have a membership only because you said:

I have my complete emergency kit information.

You get an Emergency Kit as part of the signup process for a membership. But if you email in we can confirm one way or the other. :+1:

Ben

• Preston_72
    Preston_72
    Community Member

[#MSY-73185-692]

• Thanks. We'll be in touch shortly. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.