To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgrade / PC Crash Help

MattMD
MattMD
Community Member

Hi - I bought 1password4 (single license) which is now upgraded to 7.3 I think. I had it on my work Pc and also my iPhone. My work PC recently crashed and was upgraded from windows 7 to 10. My 1password says it is read-only. Does that mean I am not supported anymore and have to buy an upgrade?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @MattMD,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and my apologies for any confusion. There are two different ways to use and purchase 1Password:

• With a membership which is a subscription service (recommended). Membership includes access to the latest versions of all of our 1Password apps. We offer options for individuals, families, and businesses / teams. There are no separate upgrade costs. Your encrypted data is synced via 1Password.com and is stored there (off-site) in addition to being cached on each of your devices (for offline access). This is going to provide the best and most "set it and forget it" experience.
    • As a standalone app with a license purchase. Licenses allow the use of one version of the 1Password app by one individual. Upgrades and the 1Password membership service are not included. By default your data is stored only on your device. If you'd like to sync your data between devices or have a copy backed up off-site you'd need to manually configure syncing with a 3rd party service (Dropbox or iCloud, as appropriate). Some folks who prefer a "DIY" or hands-on approach prefer this option, so we still offer it for them, but for most customers recommend membership.

If you'd like to confirm what you've purchased in the past and what might be the best approach going forward our sales team would be happy to help you with that. You can reach them at sales@1password.com. If you do email in please include a link to this thread (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/103794/) so that the sales team has what you've said above for context. :)

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• MattMD
    MattMD
    Community Member

Ben, thanks for your reply - I think I got it. I upgraded to a family acct and now it seems to be working except I have to delete my old vault as I have 2 of everything. I'll do that once I'm sure how the new one works.

• Excellent. I would suggest not waiting too long to delete the old vault as having that around can cause difficulties. Glad to hear you were able to get it sorted and please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.