When using the iOS 1Password application, Globe and Mail Reader Comments do not display

TWA
TWA
Community Member

Recently, the Globe and Mail Reader Comments attached to various articles have stopped displaying when using the iOS 1Password application. Have tried various browsers under Settings - no change. The comments do display when logged in to the Globe and Mail through native Chrome. Comments are accessed through a ‘button’ at the end of the particular article.

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Globe and Mail comments sectio not displaying

Comments

• Hi @TWA

Could you please try using Safari, and see if these items work properly there? You can learn about how to use 1Password within Safari here:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

Please let me know if that works. :+1:

Ben

• TWA
    TWA
    Community Member

Hi Ben, Switched to Safari (iPad) as default browser under Settings. No change. Clicking on the Comments button in an article displays ‘discussion loading’ for a moment, then no other activity. Second button press does not display ‘discussion loading’ at all. Given more frequent error reports from the application, I am going to delete and reinstall tomorrow. Your thoughts? Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TWA,

If the comments do not load even in the Safari app, this suggests a problem with the website itself, because it's not just 1Password that cannot load that section properly, even other browsers behave the same. If this is the case, I don't think deleting and reinstalling the 1Password will help with this specific issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TWA: I think it's probably your content blocker. Not uncommon.

• TWA
    TWA
    Community Member

Thanks everyone. Deleting and reinstalling 1P on the iPad fixed the issue. Guess the app. was damaged at some point.

• That's quite odd. Do the comments now appear in Safari as well? I'm failing to see how the two could be related, but I'm glad to hear it seems to be working. :)

Ben

• TWA
    TWA
    Community Member

Hi Ben, Based on your note, changed to Safari (iPad) from the 1Password default browser. With the renewed application, comments are displaying correctly in either browser on the iPad. To note that the comments were working fine throughout on my iPhone with the same basic 1P configuration. Thanks.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2019

To be clear: the setting in 1Password > Settings > 1Password Browser > User Agent doesn't change which browser you're using. It just causes 1Password to lie to websites about which browser you're using. This can be useful for web developers trying to test how their websites will render for different user agent settings, but isn't particularly useful to non-developers.

We're generally urging folks to do their browsing within the Safari app, rather than 1Browser within 1Password.

Ben

• TWA
    TWA
    Community Member

Thanks for the clarification. I will try native Safari for browsing on the iPad.

• You're very welcome. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.