1Password for iPhone and iPad doesn't show the end of a note

Andrey Brindeyev
Andrey Brindeyev
Community Member
edited September 2011 in iOS
I have a secure note which I created on 1Password for Mac (duplicated existing text note which was edited many times).

I selected all existing text in duplicated note and replaced it through copy&paste with another data from TextEdit.

Next, I added an attachment to this note (scanned JPEG file).

I don't remember, did I pressed Save or not, but 1Password for Mac accidentally crashed (crash report was sent to Apple). However, my note survived a crash.

Then I tried to check my note on my iPhone and iPad and noticed that iPhone doesn't show me last line of my note.
I added an empty line on my Mac, synced again my iPhone and nothing changed - it still doesn't show me last line of my note.

More things to come on iPad: 1Password for iPad doesn't show me TWO last lines of my note.

Just to let you know.

P.S. I have Dropbox sync in place

Comments

• Hi Andrey,

How long are your notes? By default, the notes are truncated at around ~2000 characters due to the table view we're using to view your notes. To see the entire content of the note, please tap on "Edit" and it'll then show you everything.

I apologize for the inconvenience but this is the only way to view your notes at its entirely. We're working on fixing this but I do not have a timeframe on this.
  • Andrey Brindeyev
    Andrey Brindeyev
    Community Member
    I dropped a note's contents and saved it in text editor. File size is 1124 bytes. It contains digits, tabs and new lines only (two columns of text).
  • MikeT wrote:

How long are your notes? By default, the notes are truncated at around ~2000 characters due to the table view we're using to view your notes. To see the entire content of the note, please tap on "Edit" and it'll then show you everything.

I just tried the 'Edit' trick on my iPhone. It doesn't seem to work for me. I'm running '1Password for iPhone', version 3.5.9.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2011
    We currently use a standard iOS table view to display the items. The Notes field is displayed as a table row. The iOS limits the size of the table row (used to display the note) to 2009 pixels. That's about 100-110 lines of text.

We'll have to redesign the item detail screen and use some non-standard elements to show more than 100 lines of text.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't be displaying if you go in to Edit mode for the Note, though.
This discussion has been closed.