1PasswordX v1.15.1: details not visibile on many accounts

sjstreeting
sjstreeting
Community Member
edited May 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

I just updated 1PasswordX for Firefox to 1.15.1 and I've found that about 1/3rd of my credentials entries cannot be viewed in the right hand side when you select them, or if they're auto-selected because of the site you're on:

You can see in this case that the ACM entry just won't display; the previously selected item does. If there is only one option in the left hand list when this happens (e.g. it affects my Github account, so if I go to github.com and open the extension that's the only account on the left) then the right hand pane is just blank when the item is selected.

I can't find any pattern to this: some of them are old entries, some of them are fairly recent, some have real icons, some don't, some have linked websites, some don't, some have TOTP, some don't. But it's about 30% of the account details I have and it's very annoying, both for cases where I want to make sure it's the right account I'm using (if I have multiple accounts on a site), or if there are cases where I need to just copy one element of the account details (like something in notes) rather than using autofill.

The account details that are affected auto-fill just fine BTW, you just can never look at them, or get to the Edit button etc.

All these accounts worked fine with the previous version of 1PasswordX. I'll roll back to that if this isn't a quick fix since this is a pretty serious problem.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.1
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: 1Password family account

Comments

• jd_lewin
    jd_lewin
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for reaching out @sjstreeting. I'm sorry to hear that 1Password isn't behaving; I'll do my best to help get it back in line.

I’d like to have my team take a look at your console log so we can figure out what’s going wrong here. If you would, follow these steps to generate those logs in Firefox:

1. Enter about:debugging#addons in your address bar and press Return or Enter.
    2. Check the box next to “Enable add-on debugging”.
    3. Click on Debug below 1Password extension.
    4. Click the Console tab in the Developer Tools window.

Select all of those logs that appear and drop them back into this thread. You're welcome to either attach them as a text file or paste the logs in raw. Once we have them our engineering team will be able to take a look.

Aloha :-)

• sjstreeting
    sjstreeting
    Community Member

I've copied that but I'd rather not paste the log publicly here in case there are any identifiers, can we take this to email or private support?

• sjstreeting
    sjstreeting
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

OK actually I've just isolated the errors which get reported when I click on an entry which don't have any IDs in them:

Filtered list items in 4 ms. popup-v2.js:9:271299
    TypeError: e.createdAt is undefined[Learn More] background.js:31:577446
    TypeError: e is undefined[Learn More] popup-v2.js:1:1190
    Filtered list items in 0 ms.
    popup-v2.js:9:271299
    Filtered list items in 1 ms. popup-v2.js:9:271299
    TypeError: e.createdAt is undefined[Learn More] background.js:31:577446
    TypeError: e is undefined[Learn More] popup-v2.js:1:1190

• Hey @sjstreeting - Thanks for this! I'd love to be able to dig a bit deeper. May I trouble you to send us full logs privately? I've gone ahead and sent you an email from support@1password.com. We can continue the discussion there. :)

• sjstreeting
    sjstreeting
    Community Member

We've taken this to email, but I'll update this thread with whatever the solution is in case anyone else encounters it.

• Thanks @sjstreeting! According to our 1Password X developers, this issue is likely being caused by some missing metadeta on older items. Our team is actively working to bring a fix to the next release that should fix this.

ref: x/b5x#1220

• sjstreeting
    sjstreeting
    Community Member

Yeah, I guess I’ve just been a customer too darned long ;) The affected items were created pre-2011 although some of them have been updated very recently. I’m told the next update should fix this.

• ❤️We're so grateful for your ongoing support! Looking forward to the next update. Let us know if it doesn't fix things for you.

• sjstreeting
    sjstreeting
    Community Member

Just to confirm that 1.15.2 has fixed this problem. Thanks!

• I'm really glad to hear that, @sjstreeting! Thanks for letting us know. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.