Why does 1password require entering cmd-shift-x, and then request the master password?

joebakerdc
joebakerdc
Community Member

I'm using the Chrome extension on a Mac. Why does 1Password require cmd-shift-x, and then request the master password in a separate window? It seems like it would be much more efficient and just as secure to ask for the master password in the first window. That is, if 1Password is locked and I click on the 1Password prompt in a fill-in field, just pop-up the request for the master password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Why does 1password require entering cmd-shift-x, and then request the master password?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@joebakerdc: I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to, but it sounds like you may be (at least partly) using 1Password X, our new self-contained Chrome extension. Is that the case? If so, I wonder if the second window you're referring to is the 1Password.com website, or the 1Password app. Please tell me the versions you're using, and a screenshot would be great. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• eanfinson
    eanfinson
    Community Member

This is happening to to me too - i'm on google docs and trying to Strikethrough and word (Cmd + shift + x) and it brings up the 1password thing.

• @eanfinson

If you're using 1Password X rather than the traditional browser extension you can customize the keyboard shortcut by right clicking on the 1Password X icon in your browser's toolbar and selecting Settings.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.