Why doesn't 1Password on my Macbook Pro have the same number of "all items" as my mobile app?

petermj
petermj
Community Member

When I login to 1Password on my Phone I have 394 items saved under "All Items". On my MacBook Pro I only have 225 items.

Does it have something to do with "vaults?" I've never set those up. Nor have I changed any settings on my computer vs. my iphone. So why would it sync perfectly last week but not today?

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Why doesn't 1Password on my Macbook Pro have the same number of "all items" as my mobile app?

Comments

• Hi @petermj

Welcome to the forum. :) I'd be happy to help figure out where this discrepancy is coming from. On the iPhone can you please check in 1Password > Settings > Vaults and see if you have a vault called "Primary" there?

Please let me know.

Ben

• petermj
    petermj
    Community Member

Hi Ben. Thanks. Yes, I do. It's called Primary and it's "On iCloud". I have another one called "Personal" under a catagory called my name.

• That would seemingly explain the discrepancy. When you migrated to a 1Password account the Primary vault was not deleted. We have a prompt in the migration process to do this deletion, but you may have opted to not do that. In the future we will be removing the prompt and doing this automatically, as we find in too many cases we end up in a situation such as this one, vs this being an intentional retention of the Primary vault.

Does the MacBook have all of your data? If so, you can delete the Primary vault from the iPhone:

Settings > Vaults > Primary > Delete Vault

If it does not, you'll need to move any items that are in the Primary vault but not in the Personal vault from Primary to Personal and then perform that step. My apologies for the inconvenience. Hopefully that sorts it out for you.

Ben

• petermj
    petermj
    Community Member

Hm. Good to know. That solved it. I will move a few of the items manually and then delete the primary vault. Thank you!

• You're very welcome. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.