Why are Credit Cards displayed by Suggestions?

Options

I am on the newest 1 Password X, 1.15.1. Why are credit cards displayed by Suggestions? When I use my Favorites to display a web page, and then display 1Password X suggestions, all my cards in the Credit Cards Categories are displayed. This doesn't seem like correct behavior.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 1.15.1
OS Version: Win 7 Pro x64
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @DoctorBrown! We want all relevant logins, credit cards, and identities for a page to be easily accessible. We actually made a change in 1.15.0 to try to be smarter about when to present these items, but too many websites were not playing nicely, and so in 1.15.2 we're reverting this and making all relevant logins, credit cards, and identities listed under Suggestions for the time being, so they're always within reach.

Hope that helps; let us know if you have further thoughts or concerns. :smile:

• DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown
    Community Member
    Options

I guess I haven't been paying good attention to Suggestions. I reverted 1 Password X to the version with the previous UI and I see that the suggestions has the credit cards and Identities listed in separate groups on the right side under sites to sign in. But I still fail to understand why it is even suggesting credit cards. I am on this forum site and the site isn't even asking for any payment method or credit card to fill in but the cards are still in suggestions. I think the function needs a lot more smarts if it is going to be useful.

• As I mentioned, we want them to be easily accessible at all times. We do want to be smarter here, but unfortunately a lot of sites are built in non-standard ways, and prior to the change, when we were trying to detect whether a card should be offered or not, it was often not being presented as an option. The option being available but ignorable is more useful than something not being there when you expect or need it to be. :smile:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

@ag_mcarlyle I see your point but if I'm understanding your previous comment you can either show all in one suggestions or separate to where there are just logins in one selection and credit cards in another separate "container" that is also easily accessible. Would it then be feasible to put in a toggle in settings as to which layout we prefer to use? I don't mind having the credit cards but not to the point of them protruding over my logins, maybe if it sorted logins above cards and made a small gap between I'd be less complainy but right now it's all just thrown in there in alphabetical order.

EDIT I should mention that this is in the "new" look. I uninstalled and reinstalled the extension per another post's suggestion and the logins are above the cc again.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @dfontaine – I'm wondering what version of 1Password X you're using. When I test this out in version 1.15.1, which is what the original poster reported, I'm seeing my Logins listed before my Credit Cards and Identities in the new popup. Are you indicating that your Credit Cards/Identities are appearing before your Logins?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited May 2019
    Options

Yes and I'm on the same version. Actually now that I'm more awake it's probably because that card that is above my login is a favorited item. Although the older interface does not show it and I stand by my "creating a gap" comment lol.

• cecelia
    edited May 2019
    Options

Hey @dfontaine - That makes sense. It does appear that in some cases a favorited Credit Card item will appear above a favorited Login item, which shouldn't be the case. As @ag_mcarlyle mentioned, our devs are actively working to correct this behavior. :)

I do like your "creating a gap" idea - I'll forward it to the team so we can see if they feel the same way!

ref: x/b5x#1219

This discussion has been closed.