Mac Chrome extension icon hard to see - grey on black

I'm a new 1Password user. I installed the Chrome extension on OS X. I'm using Mojave in Dark Mode. The extension icon is a soft grey on a black background, and hard to see. It works fine, it's just very faint in the tab bar. The help doc images indicate it should be blue background with white font. Is there any way to make it easier to see?

1Password Version: 7.2.6
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.3
Sync Type: no idea

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TheCat: Could you please clarify what you're seeing? Just take a screenshot. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• TheCat
    TheCat
    Community Member

• TheCat
    TheCat
    Community Member

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TheCat: Ah thanks. That's actually normal, as Chrome inverts the greyscale icon:

Otherwise it would look like it does in Opera:

1Password X has a colour icon that can be selected though:

Sorry for the confusion there. :)

• TheCat
    TheCat
    Community Member

Why isn't 1Password X the default extension installed for new customers? It's baffling that the default is an older, less functional tool. I didn't even know 1Password X existed.

• TheCat
    TheCat
    Community Member

And, on top of that, it's obvious that the screenshots in the help documents are for 1Password X, since the icon is now the white and blue color I was asking about in the first place...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TheCat: There is no "default" extension because they serve different groups of people:

• Mac and Windows users who want all of the native features (Touch ID, Windows Hello, OS-wide access to their data) can use our desktop apps/extensions.
    • People on other platforms or who can't/won't install native apps (Linux, ChromeOS, restricted company hardware) or just prefer to use 1Password only in their browser can use 1Password X.

And we have "help documents" for both (linked above). Cheers! :)

• TheCat
    TheCat
    Community Member

Thanks!

• @TheCat, on behalf of @brenty, you're very welcome! I'm glad he was able to sort things out for you. :smile: Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you ever.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@TheCat: Awesome picture, by the way! Maybe you should switch to Firefox! :lol: :+1:

• TheCat
    TheCat
    Community Member

I've been using that picture since the early 1990s. It's from the Infrared Zoo at Cal Tech, one of the earliest graphic web sites, designed for K-12 science teachers.

I am really impressed with the responsiveness of your support team, by the way. I'm in the process of switching from LastPass, which I and my family have used for years, to 1Password. LastPass really bungled their most recent "upgrade."

• That's super cool!

I'm sorry to hear you got burned by them, but we are happy to have you join our family. :) We'll keep it up, I promise!

This discussion has been closed.