To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I upgrade from individual liscense with 1Password 6 to subscription with 1Password 7?

teperkins
teperkins
Community Member

I bought a new computer and downloaded the "free trial" for 1password 7, which has given me a read-only version. My prior version on my other computer (1password 6), was an individual license, which I synced through icloud. I understand that the individual license for 1password 6 cannot be applied to 1password 7, and I would like to switch to the subscription model instead. When I try to do so, I am prompted to create an account, but then am told that an account already exists for my e-mail address and I should sign into it instead. However, I don't know how to sign in, because it asks for my secret key, but I don't believe I have a secret key since I purchased an individual license. I do not know where the "emergency kit" is. Am I missing something here? Please help! Thank you.

Old computer: OS Mojave 10.14.4, 1password 6.8.9
New computer: OS Mojave 10.14.5, 1passsword 7.2.6

1Password Version: 7.2.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: new computer: OS Mojave 10.14.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hello there @teperkins

I would be happy to help you, but since this involves some private information, we can't really do it here in this public forum. What I would like you to do is send us an email at support@1password.com with your issue and a link to this forum thread. You will get a response from BitBot with your Support ID. Come back here and post that ID in this thread and we can continue from there.

This discussion has been closed.