Where has the admin button gone on 1PasswordX?

It used to be really convenient to manage users via the extension since it was already logged in and gets you to the admin screen, but now the admin button seems to have been jettisoned in the new design.

Any security reason for this or was it just for a cleaner interface? I would really like it back if it was just a cosmetic change.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.1
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:where has the admin button gone on 1PasswordX?

Comments

• Hi @chris1000

I can't say I remember seeing an admin button before, but I'll be happy to pass the feedback along to the team for further consideration. Thanks for taking the time to leave the suggestion. :)

Ben

• j_chan
    j_chan
    Community Member

The admin button was an easy way to access all the features in a browser tab. From there you could go to vault, etc. In the new design pop up, there doesn't seem to be a way to access 1p in a browser tab without choosing an item to edit. The pop up is not great when you want to do more than simply find a bit of info. Popping out the info window is convenient, but also doesn't solve the problem of needing to poke around in 1p.

It used to be where the magnifying glass icon is now in the search area. It was menu if my memory still holds.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @j_chan – thanks for your input. You're right. In order to get to https://my.1password.com, you'd have to first open the Settings page, then click on your account (as long as you're not using Desktop App Integration). I don't think we'd be against bringing it back in a more useful way, so I'm curious what exactly you used the admin button for. Could you clarify what you mean by poking around in 1Password?

• j_chan
    j_chan
    Community Member

Short answer: Since I'm often in a browser and logged in to 1p, I want a fast way to pull up my vault in a browser tab.

To be more descriptive: While I do have the desktop app installed, I spend a lot of time in a browser so I pull up 1p there out of convenience. I used the admin button simply to pull up 1p vault in a tab much more often than to use the admin features. This allows me to see a larger overview of items and searching while having a more comfortable working area. Basically any situation more than simply filling in a login - anything I might also pull up the desktop app for as well.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thank you, @j_chan. I appreciate you explaining your use case to me. It definitely helps to understand the reasoning behind a feature request. I've passed it along to the rest of the team as well. :)

ref: x/b5x-1251

This discussion has been closed.