Website updated its design, login name doesn't match field, how do I edit the 'webform field name'

Syd
Syd
Community Member

In the older versions (pre v7, say v4) you could directly edit the webform field name to match the 'id' of the field to put the username, etc.
In v7, I can't seem to do that anymore, and one of the web sites I use has updated their design and changed the id= and name= of the user name field. 1pw no longer auto fills in the user name (control ) and I have to copy, paste it myself. How do I now edit that entry to change the field name?

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Syd,

Web form details editing is not yet supported in 1Password 7 for Windows. It is definitely on our list, but currently there is a lot of other things in 1Password 7 that are a higher priority.

Please try to save a Login item for your website using this guide:

How to save a Login manually in your browser

Does 1Password fill your credentials after that? Please let me know. Thank you!

++
    Greg

ref: opw/opw#3124

• Syd
    Syd
    Community Member

Alas, that isn't as useful as it sounds, as the 'login name' is now on one page and the password on another. (Common practice now a days it seems).

• It is more common that we'd like, @Syd, but still can be defeated with a manually saved Login item. Similar steps, but with some extra tidbits, can be found here:

Sign in to websites with username and password split across multiple pages

Does that work for you?

• Syd
    Syd
    Community Member

Alas, a simpler suggestion for me, was to just edit the field name in the Mac version of 1password (I have it on multiple platforms and the Mac version has that feature). It's fixed.

• That certainly would be the simplest option, @Syd. I'm glad you had it available and that this change worked for you. :+1: Of course, if we can do anything else to help, you know where to find us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.