1Password X prevents number inputs from working normally due to it reading arrow key inputs.

Options

Hi, I am developing a web application and I recently had an issue with 1Password X. The issue is that 1Password is co-opting the number input's inputs and showing the 1Password symbol on the right side. This makes it so that the <input type="number"/> field in the <form/> tag doesn't allow adjustments to the number using the arrow up/down keys.
It appears as though the reason it is co-opting the number input is because the label has the word "Number" in it.
Here's an example: https://codepen.io/ZachHaber/pen/Rmpwvb. You'll notice that the top input is being acted upon by 1Password, but the bottom one isn't.
This only recently started up in one of the latest updates to 1 password.

1Password Version: N/A
Extension Version: 1.15.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: my.1password.com
Referrer: forum-search:number input

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2019
    Options

Hey @Zanoth – thank you for the report! It looks like 1Password X is mistaking the "Number" field as a card number, so it's wanting to fill it for you. I can see where that would get frustrating when developing your own web application, though. I'm curious what the field labeled "Number" actually is in your web app, if you're willing to share. Perhaps there's something else we can target to have 1Password X avoid filling that field. Either way, I've got it reported to our developers so we can work on finding a solution on our end. Thanks again!

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#537

• Zanoth
    Zanoth
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, that's what I figured it was doing. The field's title is "Number of Samples" so it's fairly generic and definitively not a card number. Glad to hear that they'll work on fixing it!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2019
    Options

Ah that makes sense! Sometimes it's nice to hear how other websites are coded to help us better understand how the 1Password filling algorithm should be designed. That being said, I think "Number of Samples" is a completely fair field label, so it's something we'll need to work around. :)

One thing that could help for the time being is to use the word "quantity" instead of number. I know we avoid that field, so that's an option. I tested it out with your CodePen, and changing the label from "Number" to "Quantity" seemed to get rid of the unnecessary 1Password X icon. I'm hoping we can work on a fix so that this won't be an issue for you too much longer, but I thought I'd mention that if it's a burden for you right now.

• Zanoth
    Zanoth
    Community Member
    Options

I've actually changed it to # Samples for now. Nobody has complained yet :)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Smart thinking! I'm glad you found a temporary workaround. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.