Can't edit alphanumeric PIN

bobkaty
bobkaty
Community Member

I am running V7.3 on Iphone 8 (IOS 12.3). For a new credit card, when the program generates a new PIN (alphanumeric) and then I try to edit it, I only get the typical phone keypad (e.g. ABC below the number 2) and not the qwerty keyboard (where I can switch between letters and numbers). But I have an older Iphone 6 running V7.2.7 and no problems. The Iphone 6 program also has generate new password under verification number that I can also edit ok but not on Iphone 8. I've chatted with support, but they have not seen this. Any one else have this? Solution?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bobkaty! Welcome to the forum!

For a new credit card, when the program generates a new PIN (alphanumeric) and then I try to edit it, I only get the typical phone keypad (e.g. ABC below the number 2) and not the qwerty keyboard (where I can switch between letters and numbers)

I cannot reproduce this on my phone, but perhaps I am following a different process. Can you please share with us the steps you are following to generate a new password so I can test it here?

The Iphone 6 program also has generate new password under verification number that I can also edit ok but not on Iphone 8.

Can you please explain what happens when you try to edit an item on your iPhone 8?

Thank you!

• bobkaty
    bobkaty
    Community Member

Thanks for quick response. 1Password support can't reproduce it either so not sure what is going on. I sent them movie and then they wanted diagnostics which I did not provide.

Here are my steps.
    Tap + in upper right corner. Then Tap Credit Card Category. Page opens up to put in info on new Credit Card.
    I scroll down to PIN line. Below it are Secret (in light grey), Reveal Password, and Generate New Password.
    I tap Generate New Password. A new alphanumeric password is generated with the series of dots above it. (Below these two lines are the Regenerate Password lines of Length, Digits, Symbols, etc.).
    I tap the series of dots to edit the new password and the phone number keyboard appears. Only numbers appear when I tap the keyboard so can't even get the letters below the numbers. This does not happen on Iphone 6 running prior version 7.2.7.

When I go to edit an existing card Verification number or PIN, I tap on the line with series of dots and again the phone number keypad comes up. Thanks...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the instructions @bobkaty!

When I follow your steps on my phone, I see the Secret field and the Reveal Password field, but not the Generate New Password field in there. Here is a screenshot:

Are you able to share a screenshot of what you are seeing in that area on your 1Password app?

• bobkaty
    bobkaty
    Community Member

here it is..

• bobkaty
    bobkaty
    Community Member

here is image of screen when I tap on the dots to try to edit password

• bobkaty
    bobkaty
    Community Member

Here are three screenshots from Iphone 6 running V7.2.7 !Password. I get the Generate New Password under Verification Number as well as PIN. The last picture is when I try to edit the PIN and I get the desired qwerty keypad.

• Thanks @bobkaty. Are you creating this item in a standalone vault or a 1Password.com membership vault?

Ben

• To be clear: the PIN field is supposed to be numeric only. It isn't supposed to have more than just the numeric keypad. That is working as intended. The odd thing is that you see the password generator for that field. I do not, nor does Ana. So that is strange, and we'd like to figure out what the difference there is.

Ben

• bobkaty
    bobkaty
    Community Member

Standalone. So where in your version do you get the generate new password option?

• So where in your version do you get the generate new password option?

I don't have that on the PIN field at all, which seems to be the correct behavior here. We'll be filing an issue with development to look at why there is a discrepancy between standalone and membership in this regard.

(no password generator at all on the PIN field)

Ben

• bobkaty
    bobkaty
    Community Member

Ok. Does the stand alone have any option to generate a password?

• Ok. Does the stand alone have any option to generate a password?

Yes; that's seemingly the problem. The option to generate a password is appearing in the PIN field where it (probably) shouldn't be.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.