Safari AutoFill Suggestion Order

ings
ings
Community Member
edited May 2019 in iOS

Hi,

Almost all my logins in 1PW have at least two entries - his and hers - and sometimes more. When using Safari AutoFill, one entry will be shown and suggested for AutoFill with a single tap. Additional taps allow me to show all entries and select one.

Is there some way to make a specific entry the suggestion default? i.e. so I'm only tapping once most of the time?

I used to think it was suggesting the first entry based on login name alphabetical order, but I don't believe that's actually true. It seems random.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ings: As far as I know, no. That's all handled by the OS, and frankly I'm not sure how it determines the order and what is shown right away or hidden behind the overflow menu. All apps (like 1Password) do is "vend" URL, username, and password combinations to iOS and it does the rest. The only thing that works for me is pruning my logins for sites so there are fewer, but that's not always an option obviously. Sorry I don't have have something more to suggest.

• ings
    ings
    Community Member

@brenty

I figured it was likely iOS determining this. Inconvenient, but not the end of the world! :-)

Thanks for the quick response.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Brenty, you are welcome @ings!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.