To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Need to change my email address

Options
rnevill2
rnevill2
Community Member
edited May 2019 in Memberships

Hello, my current email address: [removed by 1Password support -- this is a public forum!] is going away. I am switching from cable to AT&T. I would like to change my email address to a permanent one: [removed by 1Password support -- this is a public forum!]. How may I accomplish this?

Thanks,
Rick Nevill

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rnevill2: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! We don't have anything to do with email changes. You'd need to change the address yourself on any services you use.

If you have a 1Password membership subscription, you can change your account's email address from your Profile page:

https://start.1password.com/profile

Anything else would not be at all related to 1Password; you'd need to change your address with other providers separately. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• rnevill2
    rnevill2
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. No I just do not want to locked out of 1Password. I will change it in my profile. Does that change all my 1Password installs including 1Password X that I just put on Ubutu (Lenix)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rnevill2: Changing your email address won't get you locked out of 1Password. But it's important so that you continue to get any notifications about your account, and so that no one else does (if they end up with your old email address). Just change it through the website and you'll be all set. You may need to re-authenticate in a few places where you're using 1Password, and you just need to use the new email address when signing in going forward, after changing it. Cheers! :)

• rnevill2
    rnevill2
    Community Member
    Options

OK I changed my email address on my laptop running Win 10 using the link to my profile above. That new email address now shows properly on my laptop and iPhone, and I logged on both OK. When I switch the dual boot on my desktop machine, and start Ubuntu. It works and functions normally. It does not seem to let me see the account data so I am not sure which email address it is using. I am just using the 1password X add-on to Chrome.

However

1. When I logged onto my desktop machine running Windows 7 with my new email ID, it let me in and deleted all of my data.

2. Also when I go to Central.1password.com from Ubuntu using Chrome, that screen shows my old email address and will not let me in. It will it not let me in using my new or old email address.

3. If I go back to my laptop(Win 10) and try to logon at central.1password.com, neither email address is accepted.

Doers it take 24 hours to sync all the 1password sites???

What am I doing wrong?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rnevill2

The email address change takes effect immediately. Can you please try signing in at this address instead? https://my.1password.com/signin?a=new

This will allow you to enter your new email address so you can login again after the change.

This discussion has been closed.