reinstall of iOS (iPhone)

Options
AllUserNamesInUse
AllUserNamesInUse
Community Member

The app disappeared from my phone (remains on iPad and Mac) - don't think I deleted it but I guess that's irrelevant now :-). I had purchased from the App store so I went there and the download option (already purchased) was there, but the only available version is the new subscription-based app. Downloaded this, but it doesn't appear that any of the install options will restore my original non-subscription version. Maybe I don't understand how to do the install. Is this a problem? If no, how should I go about reinstalling with the "permanent" license I currently have? I am using the WLAN approach in which all my data are stored on my Mac, and I have not proceeded with any setup on the phone. Should I be concerned about having the new version on one device and the old version on the others (presuming I proceed with the install and get it working like the old version)?

1Password Version: V6.8.9 (Mac), V7.3 (iOS)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AllUserNamesInUse: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! We do not have a "new subscription-based app"; we have a single app that works either with a 1Password membership or as a standalone app if you purchased the Pro upgrade for it. It sounds like you just need to select the appropriate sync option there. Do you maybe need to scroll down further?

• AllUserNamesInUse
    AllUserNamesInUse
    Community Member
    Options

Download app to phone. Choose WLAN. Mac is there - select. App wants secret password shown on Mac. Mac doesn't show anything other than 1PW window.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AllUserNamesInUse

Is the WLAN server actually running in 1Password on your Mac? Under 1Password Preferences, if you click the WLAN Server icon, is the option “Run a WLAN server from this Mac to sync with iOS and Android devices” enabled?

• AllUserNamesInUse
    AllUserNamesInUse
    Community Member
    Options

AHA - yes WLAN is set up and, interestingly, when I open that setting, I find the secret password! That was quite a secret :-) All is well now. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AllUserNamesInUse you are very welcome! I am very happy to hear things are working as expected now :)

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to get back to us anytime, we will be happy to help you.

Have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.