Retrieve deleted app

jts002
jts002
Community Member

I accidentally deleted 1Password from my IPhone. Can I undelete it using my iPhone?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jts002! :)

I’m sorry for the trouble. If you deleted the 1Password app from your phone, please download it again from the app store. When you launch it again, please select where your data is stored (1Password.com, iCloud, Dropbox etc) :)

• jts002
    jts002
    Community Member

Thank you. I tried that. But, I only know my email it’s tied to and my 6 digit password for 1Password and my phone is backed to the ICloud (not sure if that would have automatically included my 1Password app?)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jts002

Backing up your iPhone to iCloud doesn't automatically mean that you were also syncing your 1Password data to iCloud, that would be something different that you could choose to do or not.

If 1Password can find something anywhere, it will let you know once you select each option. Have you tried all of the options in the first window there already?

• jts002
    jts002
    Community Member

I’ve tried all 4 options. It seems like the problem may be that I had used my wife’s iTunes account to get my original 1Password app, but used my iTunes account to download my new 1Password app. I’m not sure what to try next.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jts002

It seems like the problem may be that I had used my wife’s iTunes account to get my original 1Password app, but used my iTunes account to download my new 1Password app.

There is a possibility that your 1Password data was synced to your wife's iCloud account, if you chose that option when you originally set up 1Password under that account.

To see if this is indeed the case, you could try to temporarily add your wife's Apple ID to your phone, and then point 1Password to iCloud at that point to see if your data was really synced there.

In any case, simply downloading the app from a different Apple account is not the problem, as you can definitely do this without issues since the iOS app is free. What matters is exactly where your data is stored though, and it is possible that you might have been syncing it to your wife's account, so it might be worth trying that too.

• jts002
    jts002
    Community Member

Caught a break! Still have old phone and realized I can access the app and passwords from that phone. Unless there is a really simply way to transfer passwords from 1 app to another that are on different iTunes accounts...i’ll Just retype them.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jts002: Definitely don't retype them. There is almost certainly a better way. :)

To clarify, it sounds like the issue you're having is that you've got different Apple ID's setup with iCloud across your devices. In that case, you won't be able to use iCloud to sync your 1Password data between them. iCloud syncs data between devices using the same iCloud account; using different iCloud Apple IDs on different devices will mean those devices are not going to sync data with each other. For example, I use my own Apple ID for iCloud on my iPhone and Mac, and my family members use their own; so it isn't possible for us to sync 1Password data amongst us using iCloud, as we each have our own separate stuff in our Apple IDs.

If you just want to transfer the data for now, Dropbox would allow you to sync the data, so that may be a good option.

But if you want to be able to sync/share data on an ongoing basis without complicated configuration on each device, you may want to check out 1Password Families -- there you (and any loved ones you invite) simply sign into your account on each device to access your own data and anything shared with you:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• jts002
    jts002
    Community Member

That’s very helpful. I’ll try transferring the data using Dropbox! Thank You!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You'er very welcome! Have a great weekend. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.