1Password stops working on Chrome after reboot or Chrome update

Options
jeffmcml0527
jeffmcml0527
Community Member

I'm using Chrome on MacOS 10.14.4. Frequently, after restarting Chrome from a reboot, or just a normal Chrome update, the 1password extension stops recognizing the website I'm on, doesn't fill in anything, and unhelpfully tells me to install the Chrome extension, which is already installed. See the screen shot.

This means I have to uninstall the Chrome extension and then reinstall it. What a pain.

1Password Version: 7.2.6
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jeffmcml0527: You probably just need to restart Chrome. It's a known issue in Chrome (which the Chrome team is aware of) where the app has an invalid signature because of file changes until it's restarted after the update completes. I'd do a final check here before restarting: chrome://settings/help

1Password is not going to connect to anything unless it can verify the identity with a code signature check. Otherwise literally any app could connect to 1Password and call the extension to try to trick you into sending it sensitive information.

• jeffmcml0527
    jeffmcml0527
    Community Member
    Options

OK thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jeffmcml0527 - on behalf of brenty, you're quite welcome! Glad he was able to help, but let us know if the problem persists or you need assistance with anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.