have app on iPhone, iPad and MacAir; works fine on all; won't work on iMac

mcg107
mcg107
Community Member

when I try to open the app on my iMac by correctly entering my password it says the password is incorrect.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:password won't work on imac

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mcg107: The 1Password app will only unlock using the Master Password for the first vault/account you have setup there. So if you've set things up differently on your iPhone than your other devices, you will need to enter the appropriate Master Password based on that. Otherwise it's just a matter of entering it exactly. It won't work otherwise, but you won't be penalized for trying multiple times. :)

• mcg107
    mcg107
    Community Member

Master Password is the same on all devices. It works on my other devices but not on my iMac. I am entering it correctly.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mcg107: If it's not working on your iMac, that's because it's either not the same there (you set it up differently), or it's just not being entered correctly.

Do you have all of your data in 1Password on another device where you can access it? How are you syncing your data?

• mcg107
    mcg107
    Community Member

password is being entered correctly. and I don't know how I could have set it up differently. I just downloaded the app to my iMac, entered the secret key and then tried to enter the password.

and yes I have all my 1Password data on my MacBook Air, iPad and iPhone.

• Are you able to log in at https://my.1password.com/ using the credentials you're trying to use in 1Password for Mac?

If you check each of the devices that you can unlock do you see a vault called "Primary"?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.