Synology Diskstation--not always filling login

Options

I'm using the 1Password app plus browser extension (Chrome, in this case) on my Mac, and periodically it won't fill the Synology Diskstation local login screen.

The Synology NAS is new to me, and as far as I can tell it's the only thing 1P won't fill--and again, only sometimes. I haven't figured out yet why it makes the decision not to.

It's not the end of the world--just a datum point.

And btw, this particular Mac is on 10.14.4 with the latest (always updated) Chrome.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @adam1991!

Can you please try also updating 1Password to the latest version (7.2.6) and see if that helps?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @adam1991,

I've got a Synology NAS too. I believe it's partly a timing issue and only evident when you use open-and-fill. If you load the sign-in page first and then use the keyboard shortcut ⌘\ to fill you should find it fills consistently and reliably.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @adam1991,

That's odd, I've never had any trouble before. What will make this tricky is if we can't easily reproduce it will be extremely tough to determine what the cause is and what might fix it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@adam1991

I do cmd-\ and get a generic 1Password extension dialog box waiting for me to search--it has no suggested items.

There are a couple of reasons that I know of that could cause this:

1. When you go to a login page, your 1Password is currently set to open a specific vault, one that doesn't have your Diskstation login;
    2. The URL does not match. Can you confirm that the URL field that you store inside the 1Password item is the same that you use to login to the Diskstation in the browser?
  • littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @adam1991,

There's nothing in the extension code that is designed to ignore a tab after a period of time but I've never come even slightly close to testing that scenario. Most nights I completely shut down my mac so I don't think I've ever been in the position of a tab having existed for a couple of days with no interaction. I don't think I could even have a browser run long enough to test given the testing I do. It's certainly odd, it could be something the browser is doing but it's hard to say.

I know I have to refresh a page if I've reloaded a new copy of the extension (when tinkering with code) as otherwise the injected script, the bit that lives in the page won't be from the new copy but that shouldn't be something normal users experience and it has been a while since we've released a new stable version of the extension so definitely not the cause here. Very odd indeed.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @adam1991,

If you ever removed the extension and reinstalled a fresh copy or possibly disable/re-enable those would require reloading any existing tab so that the extension is present. That ought to be true for any extension I believe.

This discussion has been closed.