Categorising passwords with no username

Options
PSiAU
PSiAU
Community Member

Hi, i'm looking for a bit of advice.
I have quite a few passwords which don't have an associated username nor url, such as a disk encryption password, recovery key, etc. Now I figure the best category for this is the Passwords category but i'm surmising this will eventually be removed in a future version, and it also seems to be a dumping ground for all sorts of generated passwords which makes putting items in there messy.
Secure note would be the next best fit but that doesn't seem quite right, and it's definitely not a Login.
What would you suggest I use?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @PSiAU!

The Passwords category is still the best place for this I think. And to make the list shorter, you can delete previously generated passwords that you don't need anymore from there, or convert the ones you need to Login so it's less messy :)

• PSiAU
    PSiAU
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply Ana. JadC mentions in the below post that the category is slowly being phased out.
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/93259/password-category-purpose-usage

Given that information, would it really be wise to use that category?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PSiAU I am not aware of any plans to remove the category entirely yet (especially because JadC's comment is now almost a year old, and the category is still there). I still use it for these items, so I wouldn't worry about it for now :)

If you prefer to use something else that is not a secure note, you could also consider saving them as Login items without a username. While these are not technically login items, you are allowed to save them without a username, so it might work as an alternative if you prefer.

This discussion has been closed.