How do I get the browser extension or mini to remember the previous search instead of clearing it?

Options

When requiring multiple pieces of information from an entry, it does not appear to be possible to prevent the browser extension or mini from clearing the search each time you click on it. This is very frustrating. Obviously I could open the main application but that would require me to switch from window to window in order to get at the various pieces of information. This is painful with a mouse let alone a touch screen device. Does anybody know how to stop the search from being cleared automatically?

Thank you in advance.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90 (Firefox edition)
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:One password mini

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cghome,

Thank you for reaching out! :+1: Sorry for these troubles.

There is indeed a room for improvement in our standard 1Password extension. We are looking into it. If you use 1Password account, please try to use 1Password X in your browser. It should remember your previous search.

Let me know how it works for you. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• cghome
    cghome
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Thank you for your advice, it worked :-) I had no idea there was a seperate browser application. That mops up most of my issues and I can live with the rest. As you say, there is room for improvement and good touch support would be a wonderful thing to see in the future - shame the goalposts are always moving but alas, it is what gives us jobs I suppose.

Cheers,

Chris

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cghome,

I am glad to hear that 1Password X works for you. :chuffed: :+1: We have a lot of things on our plate and we will get to them one by one.

We recently released an update to 1Password X, so please check it out. If you have other questions, feel free to reach out to us anytime. Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.