CleanMyPC says 1password is 18Gb, is this possible

sdes
sdes
Community Member

Trying to free up some space the other day on an inadequate 500GB SSD, I was amazed to see 1Password (on Windows 10)
topping the list of installed apps that CleanMyPC was offering to remove at a gargantuan 18Gb.

Is this likely? Or even possible. I did a quick hunt through, but couldn't locate the file itself that is the culprit.

I "emailed" (well used the web form thingy that doesn't leave a trail as a real email does) 1Password help about a week back, but zero response, so hoping someone on the Forum might be able to shine some light.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sdes,

Thank you for reporting this!

This is an incorrect behaviour on CleanMyPC's part. 1Password files are stored in %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password, so you can check their size yourself. If you can do that, please report this issue to MacPaw. Thanks! :+1:

As for your email: I personally replied to it, but it seems that my reply got lost on its way to you. Sorry about that. Maybe my reply ended up in a Spam folder? Who knows.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, we are here to help. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: QEN-57327-145

• sdes
    sdes
    Community Member

Many thanks for the swift response. And sorry if your previous response got lost - (that's the beauty of "real" emails for me, outgoing to addresses are automatically allowed to back through any spam filters, web "email forms" nearly always come from a new and unknown address, so yes, perhaps in the deepest recesses of server spam folder, apologies)

Following the path you gave there seem to be just three folders in that location,

logs 22.8Mb
    app 18.0Mb
    data 4.5Mb

So, yes, a massive over-estimate if that is all that exists for 1Password. CleanMyPC consistently reports that size - eg after reboot etc.

Will let MacPaw know. Would be sort of interesting to know if I'm the only one seeing this - any other users out there using CleanMyPC seeing a bloated 1Password app size?

Thanks Again.

Stephen

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sdes,

We have seen similar reports and I was able to reproduce this behaviour on my own PC. We are investigating, but if you report this to MacPaw, it will also be really helpful. Thank you for your help! :+1:

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• sdes
    sdes
    Community Member

Hi Greg,

OK, interesting, not just me / my PC then.

Have reported it to MacPaw with a link to this thread, have automated "we attempt to reply in 24hrs" type response so far, will post here any further info.

Thanks

Stephen

• Thanks for reaching out to them, @sdes. I've definitely seen others report this, but without knowing exactly how CleanMyPC determines that number, it's tough to figure out why it's so off. I've come up with a few guesses myself, but even calling them that with the limited info we have is somewhat generous. Of course, there's ample evidence this number is in error, but when our customers are using a tool to help make things like tracking space hogs easier, it would certainly be ideal if the info about 1Password is accurate so it will definitely be great to hear MacPaw's thoughts. :chuffed:

• sdes
    sdes
    Community Member

...well, I've downloaded the "CleanMyPC Support tool" and sent them a log file they requested, so I wait to see if that tells them anything useful.

• Fingers crossed! 🤞 Thanks again for checking it out. :chuffed:

• slackstation
    slackstation
    Community Member

Here in 2020, I'm still seeing 1Password in CleanMyPC at 21.31 GB.

@sdes @bundtkate Was there ever any response from them?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@slackstation:

If you are still seeing the same behavior now, I suspect this has not been addressed. Have you tried reaching out to them as well?

This discussion has been closed.