To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I screwed up. Been using Primary vault (iCloud). All apps and devices set to Primary. Not synced

Options
rtwendelndel
rtwendelndel
Community Member

I guess I would like to use the app correctly. I would like to delete the Private vault data and repopulate it with the data in my Primary vault (which is up to date on all my devices )(iCloud) then stop using iCloud as my syncing app.

Can I delete the data in the current Private vault and replace it with the data in my Primary vault?

1Password Version: 7.2.6
Extension Version: 7.2.6
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:clear private vault then upload primary vault

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rtwendelndel

That should be possible, yes. :) I'd be happy to help. In 1Password for Mac use the vault switcher at the top left of the app to switch to the Private vault. Select all of the items (⌘A) and then drag them to the trash. Then use the vault switcher to switch to the Primary vault and move / copy all of items there to Private:

Move and copy items

Once complete, and all data appears at https://my.1password.com/, please delete the Primary vault from each device:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• rtwendelndel
    rtwendelndel
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm
    Not so easy to select and delete. I tried dragging to trash, but no success.....I am logged in on line, selected all, but when I try to drag to trash nothing happens.....

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2019
    Options

@rtwendelndel: I'm not sure I understand. Did you try ⌘ A? That works in most Mac apps, including 1Password, to "Select All". Pressing ⌘ Delete will send any selected item(s) to the Trash.

This discussion has been closed.