Desktop App Integration for Windows?

Are there any news about Desktop App Integration for Windows and 1Password X?
I'm looking forward to be able to install 1Password X and work together with my Windows Desktop App.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Nothing to announce. We'll be sure to post when there is news. The integration with 1Password for Mac is pretty awesome, so I can certainly understand the desire to have it on Windows too. :)

Ben

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

The integration with 1Password for Mac is pretty awesome, so I can certainly understand the desire to have it on Windows too.

@Ben

At work I'm dealing with 1Password X without Desktop App and it works like a charm. At home I'm using the Windows Desktop App together with the legacy 1Password Addon.

There are some things which work different e.g adding a 2FA account. At work I'm able to click on the button in 1Password X for scanning the code and adding it to my vault. At home I have to use the iOS app to scan the code.

And often fields are named different in comparison between iOS app, Desktop App for Windows and 1Password X. That's a little bit strange. That's why I want to minimize the apps I'm using. ;)

• That's why I want to minimize the apps I'm using. ;)

Understood. :+1: :)

Ben

• unrealreality
    unrealreality
    Community Member

I'll second this request. I just started using 1pwX and it actually has features that are pretty nice! Easier login selections, and works nicely with windows10 tablet mode (doesn't open a new window and get all weird). And it seems all self-contained, sort of like LastPass.

One major reason why I left LastPass was because it was all integrated in the browser, so when you needed a PW or other info for another application or something, you had to load up the browser to get it. I love the desktop app for all the other uses that are not website related, so thank you!

In the end it's not a deal breaker, because both work great for their own uses, but if you can ever manage to have them unlock together, that would be super swell!

Anyways, thank you for an awesome, secure product. Have a great day!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad you're enjoying 1Password X, @unrealreality! Thanks for adding in your feedback in regards to Desktop App Integration on 1Password for Windows. It's something that's on our team's radar, and we'd love to see this dream of yours come true as well. :chuffed:

Keep an eye on our 1Password X beta forum for any updates. That's where we posted the announcement that Desktop App Integration on 1Password for Mac was released to beta, so I can image that's where we'd post about Windows too.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@unrealreality

One major reason why I left LastPass was because it was all integrated in the browser, so when you needed a PW or other info for another application or something, you had to load up the browser to get it. I love the desktop app for all the other uses that are not website related, so thank you!

The same with me. I wanted to have my passwords not only "in the browser". I want to use an app on my desktop for adding passwords into applications and don't want to open the browser for adding every time. ;)

@kaitlyn

Keep an eye on our 1Password X beta forum for any updates.

Yes, I will do! :)

• :+1: :)

Ben

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Still not possible to get the Windows desktop app and PasswordX working together? 🤔

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Not yet @DenalB. We will make sure to write this here in the forum or in the release notes when there are updates about this.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_ana . 👍

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome :+1:

This discussion has been closed.