Firefox: favorites broken since 1.15.0

maartendij
maartendij
Community Member
edited May 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

Since installing 1.15.0 I can no longer add a login as favorite to make it appear the top of the list when visiting certain sites.
If I set a login as favorite in the regular 1P app, 1Passwordx also does not respect that favorite. It does not appear at the top and is not marked as favorite.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 1.15.1
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @maartendij! 👋🏻Thanks for reporting this. We do have an issue open for always showing Favorites first, but the only time I've experienced Favorites not showing up first is when I search in the popup. You mentioned this occurs on some sites - If you're comfortable with it, can you send me the URLs for those sites so I can test this out myself?

That's odd behavior indeed. 1Password X should reflect an item favorited in the desktop app nearly immediately. Can you check the following and let us know if favorites added in the desktop app still aren't being respected by 1Password X?:

• Make sure you're connected to the internet.
    • Make sure the item being favorited in the desktop app isn't in a local vault (which can't be added to 1Password X).
    • Make sure both apps have the same account added to them.
      Then please try adding a favorite in the desktop app let us know if it's still not showing up in 1Password X.

Thank you!

• maartendij
    maartendij
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

All these features worked in the previous version of the plugin. There are no specific url's where this happens, it happens on every page.

I just tried again by adding a favorite in the app as you have described and then checking the browser plugin, still no luck.

In fact, I ran into a new bug:
    Every time I login in through the pop-up next to my address bar, it opens a new tab with the login page for 1Password.

My current extension version is 1.15.2.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @maartendij! I haven't had any luck reproducing the issue you reported, and I also haven't heard of any other reports. I think it's best we take a look at your specific setup and see where things could be going wrong. If you're okay with it, I'd like to move the conversation over to email so you can send us a diagnostics report.

Here are the instructions to send over a diagnostics report. Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#FVL-68393-416]

This will link your diagnostics to the conversation I've already created for us. We'll take a look and go from there!

This discussion has been closed.