transfer data

I am trying to transfer my data into the new 7 subscription plan (I have 4 currently, I believe). Your tutorial says that I screen should come up prompting me to "transfer data" but, after several attempts, I can confidently say that is not happening.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:transferring data 4 to 7

Comments

• This will only happen if you've added your 1Password 4 data to 1Password 7, @psm608. Have you followed the 1Password 4 specific steps noted in the guide?

If you’re upgrading from 1Password 4, download 1Password 7 and install it. On the Welcome screen, choose your sync method, then select a vault to import. If you see “Subscribe Today”, close the window. You already signed up for a 1Password membership on 1Password.com.

1Password 7 can't automatically migrate your data from 1Password 4, but if you add your 1Password 4 data to 1Password 7 before signing into your new account, it can transfer it over for you. If you've already signed into your account in 1Password 7 and didn't originally add your 1Password 4 data, don't worry – you can import it manually:

1. Open and unlock 1Password 7.
    2. Choose 1Password > Import and select the Agile Keychain or OPVault folder option.
    3. Click "Select a folder", navigate to your 1Password 4 vault and select it, then click "Select folder".
    4. Enter your vault password (the Master Password you use to unlock 1Password 4) where indicated, choose the vault you want to import into and click Import.

Different steps, but should be the same result. Of course, if you're still having trouble, just let me know. :chuffed:

• psm608
    psm608
    Community Member

Thank you bundtkate. I spent the afternoon learning while I felt like I was walking a cliff (allot of important data), but I think I sorted it out. It seems my phone is syncing with my subscription version, I have removed version 4, and deleted all of my Dropbox files.

Q1: how can I make sure I have done everything properly? I am very concerned I have missed something (don't know what, but I am not a pro at this), or I have left data out unknowingly for someone to grab from one of my computers...!?!?

Q2: It seems I can log in from either a browser or the desktop application. Both look different (browser doesn't give me certain features (top left). Which should I generally be using?

Q3: Is there a way that I can log in without having to put the secret key in each time? I have it printed, but obviously don't want to carry that with me everywhere.

Q4: Somewhere along my journey I saw a feature of the subscription being dual authentication (not exact wording, but hoping you know what I am referring to)... is that something additional that I have to set up somewhere?

Thank you again,
    Patrick

• psm608
    psm608
    Community Member

Apparently I spoke too soon. Everything was going well, until I made the switch to my new computer. I think I made the mistake of allowing it to sync with my computer files (I thought I removed all 1P and related Dropbox files... maybe not). Now I have double of everything and can't figure out how to remove/undue?

• I'll go ahead and answer your questions in your first reply here, @psm608, but for setup stuff, let's take it to e-mail. I suspect you're right and just missed a file and we'll have to nuke it (not a huge deal), but better to be thorough. As you say, a lot of important stuff and we don't want to lose anything.

Q1: how can I make sure I have done everything properly? I am very concerned I have missed something (don't know what, but I am not a pro at this), or I have left data out unknowingly for someone to grab from one of my computers...!?!?

Ok, I lied a bit – I'll address this one via e-mail after I've had a chance to peek at your setup. Normally, I'd have some checks for you to do, but since we're going to be looking at some diagnostics from your devices anyway, I'll just go ahead and give you a check-up. Sound good? :chuffed:

Q2: It seems I can log in from either a browser or the desktop application. Both look different (browser doesn't give me certain features (top left). Which should I generally be using?

Most will primarily use their desktop apps and browser extensions. The web app is handy for account-wide settings, like if you decide to go with a family account one day and want to invite someone, need to create a new vault in your account, or want to change your Master Password. It's also where you'll set up 2-factor authentication (2FA), so we'll give it a visit when I get to that question. :+1:

Q3: Is there a way that I can log in without having to put the secret key in each time? I have it printed, but obviously don't want to carry that with me everywhere.

Once you've set up an app or browser for the first time, it should no longer ask for your Secret Key. If you're having to fill it in each time, then someone is wrong, so let me know where you're being regularly asked about your Secret Key in the e-mail I'm going to ask you to send and we'll take a look.

Q4: Somewhere along my journey I saw a feature of the subscription being dual authentication (not exact wording, but hoping you know what I am referring to)... is that something additional that I have to set up somewhere?

As I mentioned above, you set that up in your browser. Here's a guide to help you out:

https://support.1password.com/two-factor-authentication/

Now, let's tackle your setup. I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each PC and one from your phone:

Don't post your diagnostics here (this is a public forum), but do attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com and include a link to this thread so if someone else beats me to your e-mail, they know what issues you're having and can take a peek here.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  For bonus points, post that number here and that will help me make sure I track down your e-mail as soon as possible. Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much! :chuffed:

• psm608
    psm608
    Community Member

I did not receive a support ID as you suggested? I went ahead and submitted 2 emails (one w/phone and the second with both computer diagnostics).

I also showed a screen shot of what I see when I log-in.

I will check out the 2FA link (thank you), but I may wait to get the house in order before I go deeper.

Please advise if there is an option to pay for a personal support person to get on the phone with and sort all of this out with? I appreciate everyone's help, but have work deadlines that this is putting me way behind on.

• psm608
    psm608
    Community Member

Okay... showing my ignorance here. So here is the ID (not sure if I will receive a second one, since there were two emails?)

UGX-83636-177

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @psm608,

We are unable to expand our support beyond email at the moment, but we will do our best to help you this way.

It seems that you have already contacted us via email, so we have an ongoing email conversation. I also found the Diagnostics Report from your computer on our side. We will take a closer look and get back to you via email. To avoid any further confusion, let's continue our conversation there. Thank you!

++
    Greg

ref: YVY-72731-712

• psm608
    psm608
    Community Member

Greg,
    I respect your request to direct this to email; however, I have been standing by today and haven't received any response. Since the day almost finished I thought I would check in to inquire about the status, or if perhaps I missed something?
    Thanks again,
    Patrick
    [#UGX-83636-177]

• I'm sorry about that, @psm608! It seems your e-mail took a bit of an unexpected journey and so I didn't see it until I went hunting for after seeing your message. I've replied to you there and will be around for a while yet so we can hopefully put all of this to bed before the end of the day. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.