Strange logins fill behavior on pages with custom private hostname

Options

The page is https, but on a custom host that is enlisted only in local hosts file, not available in DNS services. SSL certificate is correct and globally trusted (wildcard).
The issue is that besides the saved login, 1Password login fill prompt seems to show multiple other saved logins, that have nothing to do with that page. IP and hostnames are entirely different. I cannot spot what they have in common, but it seems to always be the same set of pages. But if I go to any of these pages, for them I only see correct login fill proposals, of the sites I'm on, and not others.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.2
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@p0358: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the difficulty! It sounds like maybe the site in question doesn't have a valid domain name, as that's the only time I'd expect and have seen that. We're using Mozilla's public suffix list for matching, since that's a well-maintained "directory" of sorts representing all valid TLDs. Since you haven't given any specifics, that's my best guess at least. But if you'd share the details I'd be happy to test it to verify. :)

• p0358
    p0358
    Community Member
    Options

It is a valid TLD, .net, also the main domain exists, is registered and in DNS services. The site's subdomain, however, is not in public DNS, and only in my local hosts file.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@p0358 – Are you able to provide any examples or screenshots either here or via email? It'd be nice to be able to test this out to determine the reason for the other Logins being shown. If you'd prefer to switch over to email, just let us know and we'll make that happen!

• p0358
    p0358
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, we can switch over to email, I can provide you my exact example there I believe

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@p0358: Great! Please send the details to support+extension@1password.com so we can investigate. :)

This discussion has been closed.