Two Page Log In

One of the sites I use regularly has just changed to a two page log in: Username Page 1, Password Page 2. Following instructions in a link Bundkate posted to another user I created a new log in. However when I go to use it, it opens the web site, fills in the user name and then stops. I have manually to click "continue" and then when it asks for the password click the 1P icon in my browser for it to fill in the password and submit. In effect it is a two step partially manual log in. Is this how it is supposed to work?

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 4.7.3.9
OS Version: W10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Andrew42,

Thank you for reaching out! :+1:

Am I right to understand that you used this guide to create your Login item? Do you mind sharing the URL of that website, so we could check it?

Also, please try to edit this newly created item and see what you have enabled under submit there:

Thanks!

++
    Greg

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Thanks Greg for responding. Yes, I followed the guide you mentioned. Yes Submit when enabled is featured: should that be changed to Always submit?
    The URL is as long as a wet week: https://login.sso.bluewin.ch/login?SNA=map&keepLogin=true&keepLogin=true&RURL=https://www.swisscom.ch/homescreen/online/homeScreen.html?login&keepLogin=true&nevistokenconsume&L=en&pps=desktop

However, if you go to Swisscom.ch and click on Customer Centre you end up at the log in page. The site is available in four languages which can be selected at the far right just below the dark blue band. Alternatively, copy and paste this: https://www.swisscom.ch/en/residential.html and it will be in English.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Andrew42,

Thank you for the URL! It seems that 1Password doesn't submit the username on their first page, but if you submit your username manually and then fill your password using 1Password extension, your password is submitted automatically. Could you please check if the behaviour is the same for you? Thanks!

++
    Greg

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Yes Greg, if I invoke swisscom from 1P mini it opens the login page, fills in the username but does not submit. If I click Continue the username page submits and brings up the password page but does not fill in. If I then click on Swisscom in 1P mini it fills in the password and then submits. I have exactly the same experience if I manually go to the log-in page, manually enter the user-name, click Continue to open the password page and then click Swisscom in 1P mini.

• That's mostly normal, @Andrew42. With the companion extension, you need to tell 1Password to fill on each page. A Ctrl + \ on each should do it. Ideally, it should submit on each page after you tell it to fill, but autosubmit isn't terribly fancy – it is just us faking you pressing Enter. This means it relies on the field you filled remaining focused and there are websites out there that will try to move focus elsewhere and there's not much we can do about that. When you fill the username page, are you able to press Enter and have it submit?

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Yes, Bundkate; after enter it submits and moves to the password page and stops at that point until I click on my record on 1P mini.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the Blues!! I didnt arrive in STL until long after their last Stanley Cup visit.

• bundtkate
    edited May 2019

That sounds like about the best you'll get with the companion extension in this case, @Andrew42. I'll let our extensions team know about the submission issue and we might be able to improve there, but having to select the item twice is normal. If 1Password X is an option for you, it will try to fill the second page for you right away, but it doesn't support autosubmit at all. If you've not checked it out, you can learn about it here:

https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

As for the Blues, I'm right there with you. By our last trip to the conference finals, I had already moved South, so I only got to see them when they came to Dallas. My whole time in STL, it was first round exits or missing the playoffs entirely and I'm much too young to have seen the glory days. You better believe I'll find a way to make the parade if they win, though. I'll have to find you and buy you a Schlafly. :wink:

This discussion has been closed.