1Password button not shown on low width input fields

Options

As in topic, login form I tried had 60px wide input fields, and 1Password X button wasn't shown. Unticking the CSS property (width: 60px; on element themselves) and restoring width to default fixed the issue and button did appear.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.2
OS Version: Windows 10 1809
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @p0358! This is super interesting. Do you happen to have the website URL so we can test it out on our end? If not, I believe you've provided us with enough info to at least get things started, but it's always nice to see it for ourselves as well. https://znc.in didn't seem to bring me to the correct web admin, so I'm hoping you'll have a bit more information. Please let us know, and thanks for the report!

• p0358
    p0358
    Community Member
    Options

That's the web admin pannel of a running ZNC instance. I've copied the HTML page here for you convenience: https://p0358.net/znc_login_60px_preview/znc.htm
    As I can see in the DOM tree, 1Password doesn't even attempt to display its icon when the width is 60px. It seems to appear that 84px is the minimum width at which it starts to show up. Browser is Firefox Nightly 68.0a1 (2019-05-15), if it changes anything.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks a ton, @p0358! I brought this up to one of our developers because I was curious about it myself as well. The minimum width requirement for 1Password X to show its icon is 90px. When the width is as low as 60px, the 1Password X icon would likely cover up what you type inside the field or an in-field label (if there was one). I tested it out on the example you provided and found that filling is still possible from the popup, though. Have you given that a try?

• p0358
    p0358
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that's what I ended up doing there. It's only that it caused some confusion. The minimum width is somewhat understandable, although it's discussible if one wants to write anything in login fields manually anyways while using a password manager. I wonder if ZNC would be interested in changing the input fields to be wider too, I'll need to ask them.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

For sure. I'm glad you pointed this out, and I'm glad I was able to learn something from it as well. If you could get in touch with ZNC and see if they'd consider increasing the width, that would be really awesome!

This discussion has been closed.