To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Is there any way possible to restore a deleted account of one of the team members?

Options
jelenas
jelenas
Community Member

One of the team members is leaving the company, and his account has been deleted from 1password. Turns out that he was storing really important personal information in the private vault and he absolutely needs access to it. Is there any way in which his private vault can be restored?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:restore deleted account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @jelenas! I'm sorry for the trouble. Does your former employee have any devices on which he was using 1Password that contains this data which have NOT yet been synced with the server? If he has perhaps a "road" laptop or an infrequently-used iPad or other mobile device that has 1Password set up but hasn't been accessed since you deleted his account, there will be a way to do this: you can make sure internet connectivity is OFF, completely on that device, then open 1Password and export the data or move it to a local vault. Then, when you turn internet connectivity back on, the account will be removed but the data will have been recovered. Is that possible?

• jelenas
    jelenas
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much for a fast response. He will try and find a device that still hasn't synced with the server. In case this fails, is there any other way of recovering his data?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jelenas - at that point, there may not be much we can do, but we'd need the user to contact us directly at support@1password.com and include a link to this thread. He'll receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant which will contain a Support ID number. Please have him (or you) post that number here as a reply in this thread, so we can "connect the dots." Thanks, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you regarding the unused device.

This discussion has been closed.