Keyboard shortcut not working in Safari

mikeyno
mikeyno
Community Member

Hello, recently my Command-Backslash keyboard shortcut stopped working in Safari. The 1Password Mini window still works if I click on the button in the Safari brower, but I really liked the keyboard shortcut. Any idea how to fix?

1Password Version: 7.2.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @mikeyno! It's possible you may have inadvertently changed the keyboard shortcut used by 1Password for Open & Fill; you can check this by clicking 1Password's Preferences > General. If it's been changed to something other than ⌘\, it might be worth figuring out why/how. If you've got another program (or two) on your Mac that also adjust keyboard combinations, something else you installed or altered recently may have appropriated ⌘\. If you find that the listed keyboard combo is still ⌘\, then I'd recommend restarting your Mac and seeing if that makes any difference. Let me know how you get on. :)

• mikeyno
    mikeyno
    Community Member

Hi @Lars, thanks for your reply. I verified that Command-Backslash is still the keyboard combo. I restarted my Mac. The keyboard combo still doesn't work.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mikeyno - OK, thanks for verifying. Let's check something else. I'd like you to change the combo to something different, such as command-right-bracket or something else you're certain is not in use by any other application or system shortcut on your Mac. Now try invoking that keyboard combination when you have Safari open on a login page for which you have a saved Login item in 1Password. Does it work now that you've changed it to something else? Or still not?

• mikeyno
    mikeyno
    Community Member

Hi Lars, changing it to Command-Right bracket and then back to Command-Backslash worked. I wonder why it got reset? It'd be helpful if there was something in 1Password that monitored the keyboard shortcuts and asked if I'd like to reset them back. Or some mechanism to set all keyboard shortcuts.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2019

Thanks for the update here @mikeyno. It really isn't something that should be necessary. I work with hundreds of different 1Password customers every month and (fortunately) I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've seen someone run into a situation like this. I am sorry it ended up being a problem for you, but it would seemingly be difficult to justify building something like you're suggesting to cover a handful of edge cases.

I wonder why it got reset?

My best guess would be that you've installed some software that is trying to use the same keyboard shortcut as 1Password. That is really just speculation based on experience, though. In any event, I'm glad to hear Lars' suggestion helped and things are working now. :+1:

Ben

• mikeyno
    mikeyno
    Community Member

Hi Ben, something as simple as "Reset keyboard shortcuts" would be helpful. I haven't installed any additional software.

• Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.