Proxy support for CLI tool?

scheb
scheb
Community Member
edited May 2019 in CLI

I'm behind a firewall at the office and need support for http(s) proxies for Windows and macOS. Is this anywhere in the roadmap?

Comments

• Hey Scheb,

Thanks for the note. I take it with your administrator's firewall rules, the CLI cannot communicate with our servers?

As of this moment (May 2019), there are no immediate plans to add proxy support. However that could easily change in the future. Can you tell me a little more about why you need it? Has the administrator considered adding a firewall exception for our domains of 1password.com/ca/eu to allow the communication to occur?

• scheb
    scheb
    Community Member

Yes. Our corporate policy is not to allow any direct internet access, except through proxy. There are no exceptions. By and large, this is standard across the corporate world.

The Mac/Windows GUI/etc clients work just fine via proxies...wondering why the CLI doesn’t take advantage of that?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It hasn't been my experience that that is "standard across the corporate world", but certainly it may be in your corner of the business landscape, and in that case I can see why it may be critical for you. Definitely something we can consider adding to a later version of the CLI. At this stage of the beta, our focus is on functionality though, especially since modern OSes have proxy support built into them. I'll let the team know that you'd like us to build additional proxy support into future versions of the CLI app itself though. :)

This discussion has been closed.