Favorites not showing up in list

I upgraded to 1.15.1 1PasswordX extension yesterday.

I thought I recalled the behavior for 1PasswordX to show favorites when the browser extension icon was clicked (perhaps under suggestions) or with a quick search. Now favorites don't seem to get sorted to the top unless favorites drop down is selected.

Was this an intentional change? (Also it's possible I'm going crazy and just thinking I had a different behavior before...)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.15.1
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @justin344! Thanks for reporting this. You're totally right. In the old popup, 1Password X would show you "Suggestions" by default and if it didn't find any suggestions for the page you were on, it'd fall back to showing you "Favorites." In the new popup, the default is still "Suggestions," but if no suggestions are found for the page you're on, it falls back to showing you "All Items." There's an ongoing discussion as to how we'd like to handle this and I've added this forum thread as a comment to the discussion, so we'll see where it takes us.

In the meantime, when you open the popup - by clicking the icon or with the keyboard shortcut ⌘⇧X - if you start typing the name or URL of a Login item, 1Password X will react with ⚡️lightning speed and find the results you're looking for. You can then use the Enter/Return key to Go&Fill. That might be faster than clicking Favorites for now.

ref: x/b5x#1181

• RaskD0j0
    RaskD0j0
    Community Member

Add a vote for always returning to "Favorites." "All Items" has no real relevance. I added favorites for a reason. Apparently the 'this forum thread' doesn't contain a link?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RaskD0j0 – Thank you for contributing your point of view! I've added your "+1" as well. :chuffed:

The forum thread Cecelia mentioned is the thread we're currently on, so that's why there's no link.

• RaskD0j0
    RaskD0j0
    Community Member

Kaitlyn that makes so much more sense. Lol

• Hey @RaskD0j0 - Sorry about the confusion! Issues {1181} and {1243} are the internal issue numbers that I've added the current forum thread as a +1 to. Feel free to keep an eye out for either of those numbers in the 1Password X changelog in future updates. ❤️

This discussion has been closed.