After launch, the icon is updated from one to another

podkopaev
podkopaev
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello!

After launch, the icon is updated from one to another - this can be seen on the gif, which is located here:

media.giphy.com/media/W0WxDgmriTefAY53LZ/giphy.gif

And this happens for many logins.

For clarity, I will show you which site addresses are filled in the card of one login:

Please correct or explain the logic of replacing from one icon to another after opening the application :)

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 1809
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@podkopaev: It sounds like you're seeing this change because 1Password loads a Rich Icon based on one URL and then another, etc. Do you see this happen with a Login item with only one URL saved?

• podkopaev
    podkopaev
    Community Member
    edited May 2019

@brenty: Indeed, the icons for each site are different.

I opened every link that is in the screenshot above, but did not notice the icon, which was initially loaded when the application was opened - it is the most beautiful of all :)

Where does it load from? (watch gif from first post)

Is it planned in the near future for such cases to enter the setting “default icon” or for example “the icon will always be selected from the first line with a link to the site”?

• We maintain the database of rich icons ourselves, @podkopaev. As a rule, most will match the favicon for the site, but when multiple URLs are introduced and sites change their favicon, both can lead to some wrinkles. Add dark mode and you've got an extra – some sites will use different favicons for dark mode since not all look nice on a dark background. We actually only check the first URL you've added to your Login item, so what's likely happening here is that 1Password has the first icon you see cached on your device, but there's an update icon online that's being pulled in once we check for icon updates. Based on the favicons in your tabs, it looks like Yandex must have different ones based on the subdomain. Regardless, the one that's loading does look a bit icky, so I'll let the team know we should look for an updated one. Keep in mind, you can choose a custom icon as well if you don't like the default – just edit the item and click the icon to choose one of your own. :+1:

• podkopaev
    podkopaev
    Community Member

@bundtkate: Thank you for the detailed answer! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2019

Glad Kate was able to help! :) :+1:

@podkopaev: What is the URL for the high quality icon (~500px) you'd like us to use? I'll add it to the queue.

• podkopaev
    podkopaev
    Community Member

brenty: The icon that is visible on the gif is very well suited.

Here he is:

But you can take the icon from the domain ya.ru.

Thanks for the help, I have no more questions :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@podkopaev: I don't see any icons at all on that page, and the tiny one in the screenshot you posted is not suitable either. But as I mentioned previously, if you'll provide the URL for a high quality icon (~500px), we may be able to add it I the future.

This discussion has been closed.